Research and Music by Graham Percival
These pages contain some of the research, music, and writings of Graham Percival. The music is generally sheet music, but there is now some audio performed by Vivi!
- 03 March 2010: Revised this website, and added pages about Vivi, the virtual violinist.
- 10 Oct 2010: A more thorough examination is posted in a trio of blog posts: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- 02 Oct 2010: The tempo experiment is now over. Extremely preliminary tempo results have been posted, with a more thorough examination coming within the next week.
- 6 Aug 2010: As you know, I’ve been working on educational games to help music students practice rhythms and intonation. Well, I’m finally ready to begin tests of aspects of these programs; the first test is to detect the tempo of a student-performed rhythm. More info on my blog, and at my tempo experiment.
- 09 Sep 2009: Went to Glasgow to begin a PhD in Electrical Engineering & Electronics. Lots of info (and pictures) on my blog.
- 28 May 2009: Job over; returned to Vancouver.
- 05 Jan 2009: Went to Singapore to work as a researcher at the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore. Big trip; lots of info (and pictures) on my blog.
- 28 Nov 2008: Lots of work on MEWER (see the new Software link). Also added MEAWS and MEWES as google code projects. For more info about the incremental updates
- 11 Oct 2008: I’m finished my Masters, finished loafing around in Vancouver, and am actually working on this stuff again. Well... I’ve been working on this, off and on, for weeks. But I’ve finally remembered that "the perfect is the enemy of the good", and have uploaded what I have so far.
- Aug 29th 2005: Updated versions of everything. I’ve also separated the title page from the main works, to make it easier to print double-sided.
- Aug 12th 2005: Stuff’s happening! I know I said it would only be a day or two, but I decided to wait until I could make a big update. Here it is: Five Pieces for Three Cellos (new version), Bagatelles (new version), Percival’s Chaconne(s) (new)
- Aug 4th 2005: New version of the viola duets. Believe it or not, a lot has changed in the mechanics of how I generate the music. Once this is almost finished (a day or two), it will be much, much faster to publish my other music.
- July 16th 2005: OK, the site went online a few weeks ago
- 01 July 2005: Site goes online; cello trios and viola duets in Unfinished.